The Minuteman Guidance Department hosts a series of events to help students with college and career planning.
- PSAT's - October 15, 2014
- Questions to ask on college visit
- ACT vs. SAT
- Career planning workshops
- Senior Parent Breakfast
After the Acceptance Seminar
Sponsored by the MA Educational Financing Authority
MEFA knows that the spring of high school senior year can be an exciting but also overwhelming time for families, as students and their parents begin the decision-making process of where to attend college and how to pay for it. After the Acceptance seminars provide valuable guidance to families on financial aid awards, calculating the balance due and how to pay the college bill.
To see more and to find a seminar near you go to: http://www.mefa.org/planforcollege/findaseminar_plan.aspx?id=2723#/?i=5
Please click to view the 'After the Acceptance' power point presentation.
Career Workshops 2013-2014
Including: Resume Writing, Cover Letter Writing, Interviewing, Job Search, How to be Effective at a Career Fair
The following events will be held in February and April 2014.
The following links are for reference only.
FREE Help Applying for Financial Aid for College!
FAFSA Day Massachusetts, a College Goal Sunday Program, is a non-profit, volunteer driven program in its 10th year
providing free assistance to students and families seeking to complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Please go to http://www.fafsaday.org/index.php to register, find the full list of locations or to get more information!
What To Bring
Students AND parents should EACH bring the following:
- FAFSA Pin (www.pin.ed.gov)
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License number
- Most recent federal tax return
- Most recent W-2 or year-end pay stub
- Untaxed income records
- Bank statement(s)
- Business and investment records
- Alien Registration Card (if not a U.S. Citizen)
- College Fair (Wednesday, October 8, 2014) Sample list of colleges attending: Stonehill College, WPI, Bay State College, National Aviation Academy, Anna Maria College, Fitchburg State University, Regis College, UNH, Merrimack College, Southern New Hampshire University, Mass Bay Community College, Framingham State University, Keene State College, Salem State University, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, New England Culinary Institute, Roger Williams University, Nichols College, Mount Ida College, Lasell College, Elms College, Franklin Pierce University, University of Maine, Unity College.
- Senior Parent Orientation (Class of 2015) Sept 30, 2014
- Orientation presentation
- Career Week 2014
- Senior Parent Breakfast (9/27/13)
- PSAT's (10/9/2013)
- College Fair
Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 11:30am-12:45pm
Sample list of colleges attending:
Stonehill College, Peterson School, WPI, Bay State College, National Aviation Academy, Assumption College, Fitchburg State University, Regis College, UNH, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Merrimack College, Southern New Hampshire University, Mass Bay Community College, Framingham State University, Keene State College, Salem State University, Anna Maria College, New England Institute of Art, Roger Williams University, Nichols College, Mount Ida College, Lasell College, Elms College, Bunker Hill Community College, University of Maine, Unity College.
- MEFA Financial Aid Night
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
6:30-8:00pm, Paul Revere Conference Room
Please join us for a free financial aid seminar sponsored by the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority, the Commonwealth's resource on planning, saving, and paying for college. An experienced MEFA representative will provide an overview of the financial aid process, including types of financial aid, how to apply, and determining financing options for your family.