The Role of the Advisory Committee
The Career/Vocational Technical Education Regulations state that it shall be the responsibility of the program advisory committee to advise, assist and support school personnel in order to improve planning, operation and evaluation in a career and technical area. Such advice shall be based on adequate and timely information as to workforce and job development demands or job market, technological developments, training alternatives and other factors affecting the quality of the program.
The General Advisory Committee shall include, but not be limited to, chairpersons of the program advisory committees. It is the responsibility of the General Advisory Committee to advise the school committee, based on adequate and timely information, as to the planning, operation and evaluation of vocational technical instruction provided by programs under its control.
Are you interested in participating on one of our Program Advisory Committees?
Minuteman High School is committed to excellence in its CTE programs. To help us achieve this aim, we reach out to leaders in business, industry, and labor, and to parents and students, and ask them to work with us as advisors in improving our curriculum and facilities for students in the Minuteman district.
By participating in this committee, you will have an opportunity to guide the Minuteman School Committee in preparing students for employment in one of our CTE programs.Each Program Advisory Committee meets 2-3 times each school year. Each Program Advisory Committee meets 2-3 times each school year. Meetings are usually held at Minuteman. In addition, our instructional staff occasionally calls upon advisors informally, as the need arises.
Advisory Committee Members Include:
• Industry/Business Partners
• Organized Labor
• Apprenticeship Programs
• Post-Secondary Institutions
Ways Our Advisory Board Can Assist:
• Review Curriculum
• Review Data (MCAS, Enrollment, and Certificate of Occupational Proficiency)
• Recommend New or Updated Equipment
• Donate Materials, Equipment, and Services
• Review, Evaluate, and Advise on New Course Content
• Assist in the Development of Articulations or Apprenticeships
• Assist with Chapter 74 New Program Approval Process
• Help Schools Maintain their Libraries of Software, Visual Aids, Magazines, and Books
• Arrange for Guest Speaking Opportunities and Field Trips
• Program Advisory Committees
Board Meeting Dates and Minutes
- Agenda and Minutes 2014-2015
- Agenda and Minutes 2013-2014
- Agenda and Minutes 2012-2013
- Agenda and Minutes 2011-2012
- Agenda and Minutes 2010-2011